Monday, August 2, 2010

My first.........

Blister!! Ouch. Saturday I was unable to take the 8 mile training walk due to a migraine so I made sure I did the 6 mile walk on Sunday. I was dragging my feet about doing it and then just made up my mind, put on my shoes and headed out the door. I ended up doing 6.5 miles. Yay! About 1 mile in I noticed that I didn't change my socks before leaving. It was cool that morning so I had on a pair of cotton socks. About the 5 mile mark I noticed a little burning pain but nothing too bad. Shoes came off when I came home and there it was. Ouch. This is a good reminder to always double check my equipment before leaving. I got a some new clothes to try today and looked at the Camelbaks. I am deciding which I should get. They aren't cheap! Now that I am doing the longer walks I really need to be prepared for things like having an extra pair of socks with me and moleskin and such.

The training is starting to get a lot more serious with these long weekend walks. I feel the commitment now. I now have two things to focus on, my training and my new job as the assistant to the Executive Director of the Oregon Humane Society. It's pretty much my dream job. I told them about the walk during the first interview and they were excited for me and they liked that I am not afraid of fund raising. Score!!

Oh, I also joined a team fitness challenge. A friend does it online through her gym. It's all about getting points for different levels of exercise and fitness. I figured this would be a fun thing to combine with my training walks. So far, so good. At the end of the first week I am #10 out of #30. I can't believe this is lazy me talking about all this. It feels good.

1 comment: